SEO is one of the most effective marketing techniques to get qualified organic traffic to your business website. If your site ranks high in Google for important keywords in your industry then Google will send you prospects all year around to your website. This is the importance of SEO for your business. But how is SEO changing in 2021, what’s the future of SEO? How you should be prepared so your website remain friend with Google’s algorithm? I will cover these topics in this articles and try to give you solutions.
If you have followed Google’s updates or if you ever worked with an SEO expert then you must be aware of the regular updates that Google release time to time. These updates are meant to make the algo better and make internet a better place for users who browse the web to find solutions to their problems.
To understand the future of SEO, it is vital to understand Google’s algo and where it is heading in 2021 and coming years. I often talks about this on my website how SEO is changing but overall the focus of Google’s algo has been the same which is enhancing user experience. If you can provide a great experience for users on your website then Google will love your website and will be happy to rank it better. But is it that easy? May be not because Google considers over 200 factors before they rank a website and you must consider all of them when working on SEO for your site.
At a given time, there is a massive competitiion for any given niche in Google results these days. So every minor detail matters. Every ranking factor matters when it is a high competition niche.
If you run a business then SEO is not something you should be doing it yourself. Even web developers do not attempt to do it themselves. SEO for your website is best left to an SEO expert if you want to rank high. You see, the thing is that if you rank on page 2 then you hardly get any traffic because no one goes to page 2 of Google. As per a research by Backlinko, the top 3 Google search results get 75.1% of all clicks.
So this means you do not just need SEO but you need really good SEO to rank at the top otherwise what’s the point of investing in SEO. Right?
An experienced SEO expert knows all the ins and outs of algorithm and he or she optimise your website accordingly.
Some of the questions you need to ask yourself if you own a website:
- Click Through Rate How many people clicking on your site in search results. You can check this in Google search console
- How much time users are spending on your site after Google sends them to your site
- Is your site popular (get mentions or links from other sites)
- What’s the overall quality of your web pages
- Do you have quality unique content (text) on your site,
- What’s the bounce rate and overall traffic on your site (you can check this in Google Analytics)
- What’re the conversions on your site and so on.
- The list is long.
Building regular backlinks, maintaining keywords and tracking their rankings and further adjusting the SEO campaign based on testing and analysis are things that takes time, skill and lots of experience. So it is best left to an expert so that you can focus on your business.
Google is always targeting spam and artificial SEO/ black hat SEO. This means most of the updates from Google are targeting to hit spam work or con artists who think they can trick the system. Quality never goes old fashion and my personal focus has always been on quality work. If you maintain quality in your SEO and focus on great user experience then you do not have to worry about Google’s future updates.
Having said that, you must also learn & keep a check on over 200 factors that Google considers to rank a website. You must work on these factors to enhance the rankings in Google results. Consider doing the following to stay friends with Google’s algorithm in 2021
- Add high-quality unique content to each page of your site whether it is a product or service page
- If you manage an online store, product categories are important so make sure to add quality text to category pages
- Do keyword research and keep a list of important keywords in your industry. Use them in your text
- Optimise your title and meta descrition tags. You can do this by installing a plugin called Yoast plugin in WordPress
- Collaborate with bloggers in your niche and try to get links
- Create great piece of content that naturally ranks high and attracts links
- Keep track of your keyword rankings and focus more on keywords that are already ranking
- Focus on keywords that can bring business
Technical details are out of scope of this article but it should give you an idea. Hope it helps you understand how SEO works!
A bonus tip in the end-
Today more users browse the web on mobile then desktop so future belongs to mobile devices. This is why Google loves the mobile friendly websites that are fast loading and easy to use on any mobile device. This is the reason all the new websites we create for our clients are mobile responsive and SEO friendly. So make sure to test your site on mobile device and if it needs a fix, contact your website developer to make it mobile responsive website.
Latest posts by WebsiteFix (see all)
- How SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is Changing (2021) - June 25, 2021
- 10 WordPress Tools Every Blogger Must Have - May 11, 2021
- 4 Marketing Trends that shouldn’t be ignored in 2021 - April 21, 2021